1. You will include the following citation in all public use of our data:
EM-DAT: The OFDA/CRED International Disaster Database – www.emdat.be, Université Catholique de Louvain, Brussels (Belgium);
2. If you are undertaking in-depth analysis, we recommend you consult our staff to obtain a good understanding of the weaknesses, limitations and peculiarities of our data, as we will be happy to help you with this;
3. When you complete your report, please share it with us, indicating whether we can put the link on our website or if it is for our information only;
4. Should you wish to undertake collaborative research with our staff, we would be pleased to discuss this further with you.
5. Any use that causes unjustified damage to the legitimate interests of CRED is strictly forbidden. The same applies to the use with the aim of creating a tool in competition with EM-DAT.
6. CRED reserves the right to restrict the access from any user who contravenes these conditions of use.
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR DATA AND PRODUCTS LARGELY BASED ON EM-DAT CAN NOT BE USED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE OR SOLD IN ANY FORM. IT IS AUTHORISED STRICTLY FOR THE PURPOSES OF RESEARCH, TEACHING OR INFORMATION. PLEASE APPRECIATE THAT WE ARE PROVIDING THIS AS A FREE SERVICE AND ANY ABUSE OF THIS FACILITY CAN RESULT IN TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCESS.